We beered down with comic creator and super talented artist Stan Yan at Breckenridge Brewery and talked Mile High Horror Film Festival, zombicatures and what the heck a bronie is.
For more info on Stan Yan’s work, the Mile High Horror Film Festival, or the Breckenridge Brewery of Colorado make with the clickie on these links:
About Comic Creator Stan Yan
(From http://stanyan.me/about/) Stan Yan grew up in Denver, Colorado and went to school at the University of Colorado in Boulder where he got his bachelor’s degree in accounting. Due to the lack of sex-for-recruiting for accounting students, Yan’s life took the tragic turn into sales for the securities industry, where he wallowed in ethical poverty on-and-off for thirteen years. Yan takes his frustrations out by penning graphic novels such as The Wang. In 2005, Yan has gave up on financial security and become a full-time freelance cartoonist, illustrating SubCulture for Ape Entertaiment and Action Lab Danger Zone, creating comic strips for the financial and sales industry, drawing zombie caricatures, and picking up odd illustration and teaching jobs when folks are feeling agonizing pity for him. Stan teaches Summer camps, after school programs, workshops, and helped to develop a degree program in graphic storytelling as an adjunct faculty member at the Community College of Aurora. He writes and color theREVVVelations webstrip. Recent credits include illustrating the comic book “The Adventures of Health Team 4″for Kaiser Permanente; writing Vincent Price Presents #33 for Bluewater Productions; and Yan “Food Fright” for the Melting Pot restaurant.
Illustration and cartooning credits and work experience:
- Writer and colorist for REVVVelations web comic (since December 2006)
- Commissioned “Zombicatures” (since May 2006)
- Run the Squid Works creator cooperative’s distribution, sales and marketing, treasury (since January 2001)
- Adjunct Faculty Instructor and Curriculum Committee member for A.A.S. Graphic Storytelling at the Community College of Aurora (since August 2009)
- Comic and cartooning teacher for 1st – 12th graders for various after school, enrichment programs, and Summer Camps (since June 2007*)
- Comic and cartooning lecturer at various conventions (since 2004)