Here is a huge chunk of gaming radness that’s going on at DCC!
Denver Comic Con’s gaming section is really our celebration of the communities that make up Gaming as a whole. We have strived to reach out and work with local and nationwide groups to ensure their interests are captured and on display at our pop culture show. This year we are happy to announce that we have had the opportunity to exhibit the following items at this year’s Denver Comic Con.
Classic / modern arcade and pinball titles
o Classic Arcade Titles:
- Ms. Pac Man
- Donkey Kong
- Mortal Kombat
- Street Fighter 2
o Pinball Titles
- Batman Dark Knight
- Family Guy
- Dirty Harry
o Modern Arcade Titles
- Terminator Salvation
- Dance Dance Revolution
- Buck Hunter
- Arcade Lounge – The “Vector Lounge”
o This open area lounge located in the Gaming area will host your favorite classic video games and pinball, live events, and more! This area is focused on getting attendees a chance to relax, hang out, socialize and play some games and participate in some great events.
o Saturday night at the Vector Lounge we will have DJ Pharoahmoan creating the ultimate lounge atmosphere, come hang out with us after hours and have some fun. It’s in Lobby D at the Convention Center from 7pm – 11pm. This is an all ages event and free with your DCC entry.
- Competitive / multiplayer console gaming
o Video Game Tournament Schedule
12:00PM Killer Instinct Xbox ONE
12:00PM Call of Duty: Ghosts (Free For All) Xbox 360
3:00PM Super Street Fighter 4 PS3
4:00PM Call of Duty: Ghosts (2V2) Xbox 360
11:00AM Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3 PS3
12:00PM HALO 4 (Free For All) Xbox 360
12:00PM Pokemon X and Y Nintendo 3DS
- Free play current and next generation console gaming
- Organized tabletop gaming
o Earlier programming will be focused on learn to plays, and gaming 101 (Friday and Saturday 11am – 7pm and all day Sunday)
o Later programming will fulfill larger and deeper campaigns and play thoughs for those looking for the more traditional tabletop/RPG gameplay.
- Gaming exhibitor room
o Area will have some great retailers, but is focused on providing a space for Game Makers and Kickstarters.
o In the spirit of building and participating in the gaming community, we have offered and will continue to offer Game Makers and Kickstarters a low to no cost space. We feel this is necessary to give companies and groups who are doing awesome stuff in the community the ability to build exposure and get their “feet wet” with participating at a convention.
- Video Game Developer Space
o Once again we are focusing this year’s efforts on providing those who create, grow and evolve the gaming community a low to no cost space to demo their products. This area will host 20+ great video game developers as well as an island dedicated to student projects/games from local Universities and Colleges.
o Some really amazing Developers will be on board with us this year, here are a few highlights.
- That Dragon, Cancer – That Dragon, Cancer is an adventure game that acts as a living painting; a poem; an interactive retelling of Ryan and Amy Green’s experience raising their son Joel, a 4-year-old currently fighting his third year of terminal cancer. Players relive memories, share heartache, and discover the overwhelming hope that can be found in the face of death.
- ROCKETS, ROCKETS, ROCKETS – A fast paced action-arcade game, where Rockets fire Rockets at Rockets!
- Star Command – (Developer War Balloon) – Successfully kickstarted spaceship simulation game where players control a crew inside a ship. This title originally came out on iOS game that has spread to Android and eventually PC. It received fairly high scores as well as recognition from Apple and Kotaku.
- The Last Federation (ARCEN Games) – Veteran indie game developer will be showing off their newest space themed turned based strategy combat title.Heroclix Tournaments
o Tournament times are as follows:
6:00PM – 10:30PM Heroclix ROC Pre-qualifier 16 Person Elimination
10:00AM – 2:00PM Heroclix Super Qualifier
4:00PM – 9:00PM Heroclix Super Qualifier Top 16